Causes behind the problem
Poor ventilation is one of the major causes of humidity imbalances within the home. Faulty HVAC equipment and leaky ducts can add to the problem.
Too much moisture inside your home can promote the growth of mold, mildew, fungi, bacteria and viruses.
Things you can do to control humidity
- Seal windows by caulking and weather stripping
- Make sure your house is adequately ventilated
- Use range and exhaust fans when cooking
- Use bathroom exhaust fans when showering
- Make sure your clothes dryer is vented to the outside
- Get more tips for improving air quality
How Lennox can help
Nobody wants a wet blanket around. Get rid of humidity once and for all with a whole-home dehumidification system, which works with your heating and cooling system to keep moisture at bay.